Exercise Number : -Exercise A : 3
-Exercise B : 2
-Toefl Exercise : 1
– Exercise A : 3
- In the summer the trip to the mountains is our favorite trip. (Wrong)
- In the summer the trip to the mountains was our favorite trip. (Right)
- nb: The trip is Verb and Our is Subjects
- This sentence it’s happen on summer so we use was not is.
– Exercise B : 2
- The doctor gave the patient a prescription. (Wrong)
- The doctor give the patient a prescription. (Right)
- nb: The doctor is Subjects and give is Verb
- This sentence there is no adverb of time.
– Toefl Exercise : 1
- Mark Twain called the years after the Civil war the “Gilded Age”.
- a. called b. he called c. calling d. his calls
- Answer (A) is the best answer because Mark Twain want to explain that the years after the Civil war the “Gilded Age”. Answer (B) he called and answer (D) his calls are incorrect because the sentence already has a subject Mark Twain and does not need the extra subject. Answer (C) calling is incorrect because it’s not present tense.